Best Friends of Pets Volunteer Agreement
I hereby accept a position as a Volunteer for Best Friends of Pets upon the following terms, conditions and understandings:
1. I will familiarize myself and comply with Best Friends’ policies and procedures applicable to Volunteers.
2. I understand that public relations is an important part of a Volunteer’s activities on behalf of Best Friends. I agree to allow Best Friends to use any photograph or video of me for public relations purposes.
3.I agree to disclose to the Executive Director any possible conflicts of interest that may arise. Examples where conflicts of interest may exist include, but are not limited to, the following:
A volunteer duty or responsibility owed to Best Friends conflicts with a duty or responsibility owed to some other organization, A volunteer makes use of information or material obtained from Best Friends for the benefit of another organization, or A volunteer enables another organization to take advantage of an opportunity which may be of interest to Best Friends.
4. I understand that Best Friends expects high standards of moral and ethical treatment for the animals under its care. I will strictly adhere to these standards in my capacity as a Volunteer when working with the animals.
5. I understand that the handling of animals and other Volunteer activities involving animals on behalf of Best Friends may place me in an unpredictable situation and that I could sustain injury, disease or damage to my personal property. I also understand I could transfer disease to my pet(s) at home.
6. I understand and agree to assume all risks involved in any and all Volunteer duties I perform for Best Friends.
7. I understand that Best Friends, without notice or hearing, may terminate my services as a Volunteer at any time.
8. My services to Best Friends are provided strictly in a voluntary capacity as a Volunteer and without any express or implied promise of salary, compensation or payment of any kind. In addition, my services are furnished without any employment-type benefits, including but not limited to employment insurance programs, workers compensation accrual in any form, or sick, holiday, or annual leave time.
9. I agree to forever release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Best Friends of Pets, their agents, directors, officers and employees of and from any and all claims or actions for all manner of injuries, liabilities or damages to myself or my personal property arising out of or in connection with my Volunteer activities on behalf of Best Friends.